Elphas was born in Kakamega County – Western Kenya where he attended his basic education before moving to Nairobi for his higher education. His early upbringing and experience made him understand the challenges the community is going through. His interest in the tourism industry saw him pursue professional training at Kenya Utalii College in Tour Guiding and Administration. Elphas has worked with major tour companies in different capacities and departments but mainly in customer care service. As a customer service expert, he has accompanied groups and families all over the country and outside Kenya on both holiday and humanitarian engagements. Such groups include Millennium Development Goals, Millennium Promise, World Vision and many others. His passion for service encouraged him to partner with friends to co-found Africa Untamed Wilderness Adventures and Akhonya Development Community Based Organization (A-CBO). His dream is to partner with friends to empower and impact the community.
Areas we need support and where one can offer volunteer service:
-Health: Provide reliable, efficient, and quality health care resources
-Provision of clean and reliable water – Request for the sinking of a borehole.
– Entrepreneurship and Life skills
– There is a need for knowledge on the multiplication of food production
– Participation in strengthening education standards with new reading and learning skills.
– Computers and IT skills for the children to interact with and explore new technology. This will give them confidence and a platform to express themselves better.
– Strengthening scouting movement in the region as we feel our youth will benefit if they adhere to the commitment of this movement: to contribute in preparing free, supportive, responsible, and committed citizens who are needed to build a better Kenya.